Monday, 25 April 2016

Day 116 - Shopping


Money Spent Today - £23.44   Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £166.68
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £99.25
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £162.03

It had to be done!!

We were almost out of tea bags and coffee, so I checked mysupermarket.com and saw (as someone commented on this blog last week ... thank you) that Tesco had a £4 a jar offer on Nescafe.  When I got there I spotted they also had a half price offer on large boxes of Typhoo, one of Lovely Hubby's favourite brands so I stocked up on these too.

It seemed a HUGE amount of money to be handing over, but hopefully this little stockpile should last us quite a while ... it will be interesting to see just how long it does last!!


Just cash spent today --- no vouchers left for Tesco  :-(

6 comments:

  1. Mysupermarket is a brilliant tool for offers and price comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a Home Bargains near you, we picked up Nescafe for just under £3 for 200g. Not sure if they do decaff though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there wasn't any decaff in that offer :-(

      Delete
  3. Have you seen the apps for shopping which offer money back, Stephen has just discovered them and we have started to use them. You save most if you have all the different major supermarkets near you and you are happy to shop around but even if you don't (we don't ) they are still worth a look as every little helps. Oh they were featured on tv last week on one of the investigative food programmes sorry can't remember what it was called.
    You really are an inspiration and I love keeping up with your blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've remembered now typical isn't it as soon as I'd pressed publish it came back to me, it was on Food detectives on BBC2 on a Wednesday I think

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of teabags! I love tea so that would suit me just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.