Sunday, 17 April 2016

Day 108 - The Nutty Shop


Money Spent Today - £38.42   Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £2.75
Money Spent in Total - £141.35
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £99.25
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £187.36

You don't get a lot for your money when you buy nuts ..... but these will last us for ages and I was determined to stock up while the 'Buy One Get One Half Price' sale was on and of course I had my coupon, although it's amount of just £2.75 was a pittance to knock off my final total.

The '9 Bars' were bought as a handy snack to take out in the car when we go away for our weekend to the holiday cottage.  Far better to buy these while they were on offer at 'Buy One, Get One for 1p' than it would be to buy a snack at a cafe or motorway services.

The cheeses were bought as part of my foray into different dairy free foods, I've had the Garlic and Herb one before but not the 'original'.  I do feel much better after eating these than the 'real' dairy version, and while we are away Lovely Hubby will be having cheese and crackers for an evening snack, so now I can join him  :-)


I got a coupon for a free 1kg of Salted Nuts with any purchase .... I may go and buy something really small and cheap to get my nuts  ;-)

12 comments:

  1. Nuts are expensive, I must get some soon. Have you ever used Grape Tree x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I used to shop there all the time when we lived in southern England, but I haven't found one round these parts. I must have a Google, or stock up when I'm in Manchester visiting my Mum. I think though that using H&B while they have offers on is almost equal in price to using Grape Tree.

      Delete
    2. Yes I suppose your write, in grapetree you get a card which you can get stamped for every £10 you spend I think when you have 10 or 12 stamps you get a free £10.

      Delete
    3. Well that's an offer worth taking up :-)

      Delete
  2. I have been using nuts in my diet a lot more recently especially walnuts. I'm almost out so I need to check out the prices. Watching that program'how to stay young recommends nuts/lentils etc and less protein, so I'm trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good programme. I would much rather get my protein from nuts and lentils than go back to the dark side ;-)

      Delete
  3. Never tried the bars but as you know I'm vegan so have tried every dairy free cheese that has appeared over the years (there is a lot more choice now for sure). Nuts are expensive and I look around for bargains. There is not a Grape Tree in Manchester Sue but there is in Chester so maybe you could call there on the way to visiting your mum (a swift diversion). Where do you stay in the holiday cottage? My big brother has just moved to North Wales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There IS a Grape Tree just up the road from Mums house. She lives in Sale, Cheshire.

      I'm experimenting with all sorts of different cheeses, in fact I'm well on my way to being vegan :-)

      Delete
  4. Ah. I didn't know there was one in Sale. Yay great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About going vegan I mean (great news that is).

      Delete
  5. I believe Grape Tree have an online store, though we are lucky enough to have a shop nearby.

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to have al this, they sound lovely.
    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.