Saturday, 16 April 2016

Day 107 - The 70p M&S Shop



Money Spent Today - 70p   Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £25.00
Money Spent in Total - £102.93
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £96.50
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £225.78

I didn't go out with a fixed spend in mind, for once I relaxed into my shopping and bought what I fancied.  I also didn't add up as I went around as I usually do when I am trying to stay within the boundaries of a fixed amount coupon.  I knew I had lots of coupons and I knew the salad drawer and the fruit and vegetable drawer of the fridge were just about empty.  So basically I knew that whatever I bought we did actually need.

I like my shopping trolley when it's full of all the colours of the rainbow and I like it better when I get it home and top up the fridge and I know that all that goodness is there for me to eat.  It's a much more satisfying shop when it's full of goodness and vitality, and not one that contains packets and tins ... although of course we do eat some of these as well.

There were two treats tucked into this shop, a tub of ready made pasta and cheese salad for my lunch.  I knew I would be hungry once I got home and buying this meant that I would not be tempted to either buy a chocolate bar to eat on the way home, or grab something equally bitty and unsatisfying as soon as I got home.  My ploy worked, and I sat down with  my salad and a cup of coffee as soon as I had photographed and put away all my purchases, and I really enjoyed a lunch that for once had been made for me by someone else.

The other treat was a box of Viennese Whirls ... Lovely Hubby's not so secret weakness, and the M&S version are second only to the ones you can buy in the Bodnant Farm shop.  If he's at home he's always tempted to eat two and that means if I don't eat the other two they will mysteriously vanish!!  My plan on purchasing them was to take us one each to the cinema tonight to have alongside our bottles of water ..... we are saving an absolute fortune taking our own nibbles and drinks in with us, and as we usually go at around teatime it would be tempting to buy something when we got there if we didn't go ready prepared.


Cash Spent 70p    Vouchers Spent £25

2 comments:

  1. I bet your fridge is a bit happier now that it has food to keep cool:-)
    I admit to having a moment of panic when I saw your photograph of your almost empty fridge, mine is usually stuffed to the gunwhales!
    I don't waste food though, I keep a careful watch on dates and condition of things, and to be honest, a lot of the space in my fridge is taken up by jars, jams, pickles, chutneys etc. Somehow we never manage to finish one jar before we open something different, I think boredom sets in otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very similar :-)

      We always seem to half half a dozen jars of homemade jams, marmalades and chutneys on the go at once ... as you say it stops things getting boring.

      Delete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.