Thursday, 14 April 2016

Day 105 - Books - Take One Veg


I'm not missing not buying books too much at the moment ... well as long as I try and keep out of Waterstones and dash past the bookshelves when I have to visit a supermarket that is  :-/

The last time we were in Waterstones ... Lovely Hubby took me for a coffee after we had been to the opticians ... I found myself running my hands over the books on the tables and almost drooling in the cookbook section that is handily and temptingly at the top of the stairs on the way to the coffee shop area!!


I have just fininshed reading this book, Take One Veg written by Georgina Fuggle and as you can see from the little post-its adorning the pages I think it is a keeper.


For me it's not so much of a recipe book as a brilliant book full of ideas, and I like that.  Most of the recipes can be adapted to suit what you have in store or what you prefer to eat.  For instance I neither like nor grow asparagus, but I would make this tart with Chard stems in its place and it would be just as delicious.

Today is a No Spend Day

5 comments:

  1. Stop tempting me with your cookbooks :) But this one looks the perfect accompaniment to my veg patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a very useful book. Love finding new veg recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to avoid the book aisle at my local supermarket otherwise the temptation can sometimes prove just too much. Luckily for me there isn't a Waterstones anywhere near where I live so that's one temptation I can easily avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Margie in Toronto - Books and magazines are my achilles heel. I do now limit myself to one magazine subscription and one that I pick up at the shops - both only come out every other month so that is a big reduction for me. I haven't been able to completely stop buying new books but again I am trying to limit myself (at least this year) to books that continue series I've been reading. I'm also finally getting to that bookcase holding all the books I've bought but haven't got around to reading as yet. Cookbooks are a real temptation though - I love reading them from cover to cover - especially those that have a bit about the history of the food or give you some insight into the author - always so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only magazines I get now are given to me. I still peruse the used books here and there, but no longer buy new books. I donate most of those away after reading them. Quite a change from my old habits.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.