Monday, 14 March 2016

Day 74 - Shopping


Money Spent Today - £5.73  Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £59.81
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £59.00
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £268.90

After yesterdays post highlighting my 'no spend week' I bet you just knew that today's would be about spending .... ;-)

Yep, I had to shop, not a dire need but just a few bits we were missing.  Unfortunately, once again I forgot to keep the receipt .... or rather I can't find it anywhere!!

So from memory (and a quick peek on mysupermarket.com)  -

Bread Rolls - two for £1
Tomatoes - £1
Salted Peanuts - (2  x 48p) - 96p
Hairspray £2
Bananas - 48p
Salt - 29p

It's much easier when I have the receipt, as we have started saying ' that'll learn me' .... don't you sometimes just love bad English  ;-)

No vouchers were spent during the course of this shopping as my last remaining Tesco voucher is a £10 one and they don't give you change from vouchers .... shucks!!


5 comments:

  1. You do incredibly well with this challenge but I've noticed you spend in the bigger supermarkets (Tesco etc) ever tried Aldi, lidl? Or do you not have a local one? It's just there so cheap i wondered if it would help you save even more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried them ... and found some things that were okay, but the fruit and veg, when I've needed it, that I have bought from there never lasts as long as from other shops, also Aldi is in Llandudno away from the other shops we use, so I don't make an extra effort to go there.

    I'm going to stand up and be counted here too, the other reason I don't go there is the rougher type of customers that frequent the branches I've used in the past. It may sound snobby but that's how it is. If I have to go shopping I at least want to LIKE the experience and not come out annoyed by the shop AND the customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough especially dont go out your way for bad experiences. Its funny though coz I've been hit by more trolleys (people not watching where there going or just ignorant unfortunately) in our local asda and tesco than i have in our aldi lol. I know what you mean somethings from aldi don't last as long too but other things are great and cheaper for us. Aldi doesn't sell all we need so i still have to go tesco but only for certain items so we have reduced our bill overall and there not far from each other so no extra in diesal really.

      Delete
  3. I love Aldi but my nearest one is two bus rides away so I only get there very infrequently these days. If you really want to encounter rough shoppers then my local Iceland is the place to go. I've started shopping in Iceland since our local Co-op closed down, I've been very impressed by the food but some of the other customers - oh dear me, no. Having said that, I've also encountered some complete ignoramuses (or should that be ignorami) in the local Sainsbury's too so perhaps it's just the area I live in. Never had a problem in Aldi or Lidl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our nearest Aldi is always packed with customers but it's very small and that's what put a me off. The aisles aren't big enough for trolleys to pass each other. I get frozen mango chunks from there in the summer months as they're the best ones hubby has tried.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.