Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Day 90 - Nuts


Next to the kettle we have a big tub of mixed nuts and dried fruit, it stops the need to have biscuits with your tea or coffee if you have a few nuts to nibble on while you wait for the kettle to boil and takes away the munchies much better and in a healthier way than a Mars bar would.

Yes, dried fruit is high in natural sugars but mixed with nuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds it is pretty balanced out as a nibble.

The only thing that struck me the other day is I will soon run out of nuts and dried fruit in the cupboard and these are going to be expensive to replace.  I have the new voucher from Holland and Barrett but that is only for £2.75, I will have to buy during one of the 'Buy One Get One for a Penny', or 'Buy One Get One Free' sales ..... which thankfully run pretty much all the time.

But it will still be costly for a mass restock!!

Today is a No Spend Day

8 comments:

  1. Poundworld do nuts. £1 a bag (of course!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had a look when I was in Llandudno today, but the ones they had seemed to have a very short shelf life so I didn't buy any. I'll look again before I splash the cash.

      Delete
  2. Grape Tree is good, I think they used to be Julian Graves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Grape Tree. Yes they were Julian Graves, who went bust and re-opened under a new name ... thank goodness :-)

      Delete
  3. I didn't realise Poundland did nuts, I'll take a look next time I'm near one. I'm running out of very old stock too and that might be a cheaper alternative. I'll look for Grapetree too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sis gets big jars from costco. Got to pay to be a member but she saves money in the long run on food items razors etc

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Aldi had nuts left over from Easter at cheap prices, might be another alternative if you have one nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only get nuts when they are cheaper here by the big bag before the holidays. I store mine in the freezer, and use them sparingly. Raisins are the cheapest dried fruit I can find.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.