Monday, 21 March 2016

Day 81 - Shortbread Biscuits


I really was craving something sweet over the weekend so I decided to make up a quick batch of Shortbread Biscuits.  These are my one downfall, I don't eat cake, I very rarely eat sweets, just the odd bag of liquorice ... but I do love shortbread.

Here's the recipe I use, it's very simple.

Shortbread Biscuits

200g Plain Flour
200g Softened Butter
50g Golden Caster Sugar
I whizz up normal sugar in my food processor or Nutribullet (with the grinding blade)

Whizz the flour and butter in your food processor.
Add the sugar whizz a bit more.
Tip the mixture into a lined 22cm cake or tart tin and press down with your fingers or the back of a spoon.  Persevere this can take a while.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until pale golden brown in a medium heat oven, I use the simmering oven of the Aga.
While still warm prick with a fork, cut into wedges and dredge with some more sugar.
Leave in the tin until completely cold.

Try not to eat all at once ;-)

Today is a No Spend Day


7 comments:

  1. I love homemade Shortbread, my favourite biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Try not to eat all at once"......yeah, in your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, have you succeeded in your efforts of self-restraint? That would be difficult for me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea using a paper case liner thingy. I always struggle to get my shortbread out of the tin and usually end up breaking the first piece so I am absolutely going to buy some of those paper case things. Are they just ones for cakes??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, makes life so much easier :-)

      Delete
  5. I thought that was a repurposing of a coffee filter. Ha

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.