Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Day 69 - Protein Salad and Pasta


Katie asked by email if I would put the protein salad recipe up on here as she had trouble opening the photo to make it bigger.  Here it is -

Protein Salad
450g Chicken, Salmon or Tuna OR 8 hard boiled Eggs
(3 cans 150-200g of drained, canned salmon or tuna is about right)
4 tbs of a creamy base, such as the Mayo recipe from yesterday
1 or 2 tbs of lemon juice, fresh or bottled
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
any additional ingredients you fancy
(although I prefer to add these to individual portions when I am making each meal)

Chop up or flake your protein ingredient, stir in the mayo and then add all the other ingredients and mix well.  Store in the fridge.  This will keep well for up to a week.

Be aware you need quite a small portion it is very filling!!



I had my final portion from my first batch of protein salad last night with the last of my brown pasta from the jar on the shelf.  Although this meal is totally outside the remit of the Whole30 from where the protein salad recipe came from it was absolutely delicious, and as I tipped the cooked pasta into the bowl the salad had been stored in all week to eat it ....  it meant I had hardly any washing up to do.

 I have now topped up the jar with some of this large bag of pasta, and I am recording it on here so I can see how long this lasts me  :-)

Today s a No Spend Day

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the full recipe. I write dates on the packets and the cost so I know next time I need it what sort of price I need to look for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I do occasionally do this but I should do it more consistently as it's really useful.

      Delete
  2. Just an extra idea to add to your list...I use canned chickpeas smashed up in place of the meat and it also tastes great! Super frugal too!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.