Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Day 68 - Homemade Mayo


I might not strictly be doing the Whole30 after last weekends blip, but I AM and will continue to eat along the basic principles.  The first thing I made when I was preparing for the Whole30 was the mayonnaise.  I love mayo and usually use it a lot instead of butter if I make myself a sandwich.

My mayo recipe is so simple -

Ingredients

1 whole, very fresh Egg
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Mustard powder
1 or 2 tbs Lemon juice
250mls approx.  of Light Olive Oil

Put ALL the ingredients into a jug.
Whizz with a stick blender for about 10 seconds.
Put into a nice clean jar.
Enjoy

And it keeps in the fridge for weeks, and at least until the use by date on your eggs, although mine never lasts that.  So much fresher tasting than the jars of commercial mayo .... of which I still have a few in the cupboard.


I also prepared some of this Protein Salad and it is delicious.  

I used three tins of Red Salmon to make mine, very luxurious and very, very tasty.  I've still got some left in the fridge, I've had it on salads, jacket potatoes and in lettuce 'wraps', and even the odd spoonful just on it's own  .... yummy and very filling.

Today is a No Spend Day



4 comments:

  1. I love those sorts of dishes that can be added to lots of different things, baked potatoes, pasta or in rolls. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your Mayo recipe it sounds an easy make so I might just give it a gi. I've not been all that sucessful with mayo in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - once you've had homemade mayo, the storebought is like an entirely different food item!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh the protein salad is just right for me. I will be making this for sure with lots of choppy salad stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.