Thursday, 3 March 2016

Day 63 - Shopping



Money Spent Today - £3.61  Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £4.50
Money Spent in Total - £51.58
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £59.00
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £277.13

I was quite pleased actually when I went through the 'can have and can't have' list for my month long diet plan that is The Whole30 and found that the only thing I needed to buy was some clarified butter or Ghee.  

I couldn't see any clarified butter in the supermarket, I'm sure I've seen it there before, so I bought a tin of ghee to start me off but I think I will make a batch of clarified butter for myself when this is nearly at an end.   I noticed Tescos own brand of unsalted butter was only 85p a pack so next time I'm there I will buy some of that and have a go.

The other things I bought highlights how much money we save when I grow our own, so high on the list for growing this year will be potatoes, cucumbers and peppers.  Out of these peppers were the only thing I struggled with last year ... so I must do better this year  :-)


Spent Today  £3.61 Cash and £4.50 in Tesco vouchers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, I have never thought about canned Ghee for my food storage before. Does it say how long it can be stored for on the tin? Off to google it. but I have seen that brand in my local shop

    hope you are well

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.