Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Day 62 - Last Day of Month Two



Money Spent This Month - £31.35   Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £24.50
Money Spent in Total - £47.97
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £54.50
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £280.74
No Spend Days  25/29

Total Spent Cash/Vouchers/Coupons/Points   £102.47
Weekly Average £8.20
No Spend Days Cumulative - 51/60

I should have done this post the other day but completely forgot - oops.  

I've had The Whole30 on my mind and have been busy menu planning and setting up the fridge with lots of suitable foods so I wouldn't be caught hungry and tempted to stray from the straight and narrow on this month long diet plan.  Luckily almost all the foods I needed were in the house although I did have to make one purchase which I was about to post about today but will now appear tomorrow due to this post having to be squeezed in - I'm nothing if not organised ;-)

So how has this second month gone?  Well I think it went really well, I finally got round to making some homemade bread, I made lots of soup ... a panful each week in fact which kept lunchtime costs right down.  We won £25 on the National Lottery on our last monthly purchase of tickets from last year and this went into our holiday fund.  Lots more coupons arrived from both Tesco and M&S a total of £46.50 worth in fact, which will help to keep us going.

The freezer was filled to capacity it's since been inventoried and since the blog post about finally getting round to doing the inventory I have also done one for the small freezer, added the two together and reorganised the contents of both freezers so that day to day foods are now in the kitchen freezer and not tucked away in the chest freezer.

My biggest learning curve this month was - do not take your husband shopping - we spent more money on that one trip to the Farm Shop than on any other during the Challenge to date.

How am I feeling at the end of Month Two - determined to watch our weekly average spend, we need it to stay as low as possible if we want to see this year out.

Today is a No Spend Day

6 comments:

  1. Men sabotage shopping trips. I read the riot act to hubby before we enter the shop so he knows. If he wants a treat hw has to get it himself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday to Thursday I don't go anywhere apart from walking so are no spend days. Friday is my food shopping day. Saturdays are my downfall spending wise as hubby is with me!!! Sundays are spent at home pottering with him so apart from maybe a trip to the garden centre this is usually a no spend day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husbands are weapons of maths destruction when it comes to grocery budgets, lol! You are doing really well and presumably your average weekly spend will go down once your own produce comes fully online. How much would it have to go down by over the growing season to keep you on track?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could get it down to £8 a week it would leave a comfortable margin for a couple of 'overspending' weeks.

      Delete
  4. You are doing great and I'm sure you will get your weekly average spend down to below £10 especially if you don't take hubby with you. We always spend more if we both go shopping together

    ReplyDelete
  5. My no spend days have increased so far this year and I've just had the giant savings jar to the bank and popped $100 into savings...I think you are doing wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.