Friday, 19 February 2016

Day 50 - Shopping


Money Spent Today - £1.60  Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £11.50
Money Spent in Total - £44.06
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £54.50
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £284.65

I'm really pleased as this is the first time I have been shopping for eleven days ...  I'm really happy with that because no shopping means no temptation, no temptation means more money stays in my purse and my vouchers and coupons remain untouched.

The special request from our weekend guests was for fishfinger buns for lunch on Friday ... and who am I to argue, so as we had no fishfingers a pack of 20 was duly purchased.  Oh, if only all guests were that easily pleased  ;-)

The Aubergine has been added to last week's peppers and a large chunk of my 'last Courgette' and a host of other ingredients to make a big pan of Ratatouille which will be lovely to share with our guests alongside some basmati rice, as well as some Garlic 'Tear and Share' bread which I discovered in the very depths of the freezer while I was doing the freezer inventory yesterday ... yes I finally got stuck in and did it.  Why are jobs always much worse in your head than they actually are when you get stuck in ....  I quite enjoyed doing it.


Spent Today  £1.60 Cash and £11.50 in Tesco vouchers.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the freezer inventory! I reckon it must be a treasure trove of good things to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a scan of your receipt to see how much your celery was - 69p. I wanted one here as I love it in casseroles and is was 2.50€ so about £1.65, so consequently I didn't buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.