Saturday, 6 February 2016

Day 37 - The 9p Shop


Money Spent Today - 9p  Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent - £8.00
Money Spent in Total - £16.71
Vouchers/Coupons/Points Spent in Total - £38
Money left in Housekeeping Fund - £312.00

Well this week I went berserk ... and spent more than twice the cash I spent last week.  Last weeks shop was 4p and this weeks is a dramatic rise to 9p  ;-)

I decided to buy some potatoes as we are down to the last two of the homegrown spuds, of course there is a bagful of potatoes in the cupboard under the stairs but they are merrily chitting away and will hopefully end up being a big crop of potatoes for later this year once they are planted out in the Veggie Patch so I am not touching them.

The bread rolls are different from the ones I usually buy and are Tesco's own, baked in store variety.  Although they are bigger they were half the price of my usual purchase at 2 packs for just £1.  Not a bad price for eight good sized buns.  The other ones apart from being twice the price were an awkward size, one was never quite enough but two were just a bit too much and solving the problem by having one and half each meant there was always one left over!!  So hopefully as well as saving some money I have solved this problem.


Spent Today  9p Cash and £8 in Tesco Coupons

5 comments:

  1. Hi.have you portioned out your vouchers and money to get you through the year?Do you have a limit on how much you can spend each month?loving reading your blog and what you are doing.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as such. I am trying, if I can, to spend one voucher each week, but it's not always possible. My main aim is to make the cash last as long as possible so a rationing of the vouchers helps this. I can't set a monthly budget as we are eating up what we have first and then hopefully the homegrown foods will kick in. We are only spending on things that we can't supply ourselves. Nothing is too strict or too planned I prefer to keep it happily casual.

      Delete
  2. Calm down, don't spent it all at once :) I wish my spend was only 9p. I do have money on our supermarket card but I'm keeping that for emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I call a canny shop! This blog is great for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great shopping, I wish mine was so low but this week has been expensive. The house move went well but now I'm re sticking the fridge, freezer and cupboard. Also I've relied a bit on easy pre prepared meals while we have been unpacking which certainly aren't the cheapest. Still next week I will be back to doing all my own cooking once I've been and done some shopping on Monday.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.