Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Day 27 - Using the Coupons


I was looking through the coupons in my purse earlier today ...  I have thirteen left.

I worked out that if I try to use just one a week, topping up the spend with as little cash as possible  they could last me until late April.  By that time, hopefully, I might even have a few more dropping through the letterbox.

Of course I also have Nectar points, almost £75 worth ... which would see me even further into the year and by that time we should have even more homegrown food available from the polytunnel.  I need to carry on spending wisely, resisting the urge to shop when there might be something in the cupboards or freezers that would plug a gap.  It's the resisting the urge to shop that I occasionally find hard.  It seems almost hard-wired into us to do a weekly shop and sometimes it's just not needed.

Repeat after me -

Do not go shopping
Do not go shopping
Do not go shopping.

That was for my benefit ... you can go if you want  ;-)

Today is a No Spend Day

9 comments:

  1. I'm happy to chant that. I'm finding I'm now into my rhythm in terms of only shopping when ABSOLUTELY necessary and it's saving me loads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar mantra last year. I must stop buying bargains. I must stop buying bargains. I was addicted to getting deals. I'm not cured I'm in recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry am i missing something ? if i am and its personal dont answer but how are you going to get new coupons if you arent buying nowt ? i wonder what % you are saving in your previous budget i really wish you luck and hope you manage to do it but boy oh boy what a challenge

    tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get coupons approx three months or so AFTER you have spent money in Tesco. So our coupons for cash spent last Oct, Nov and Dec should arrive in a few weeks. Also we both fuel up our cars there once a week collecting points as we do.

      Delete
    2. cool that should help a bit

      tessa

      Delete
  4. I've just read your post today and had a chuckle as I had said the same thing to myself when I was driving past Tesco on the way home from work tonight. I have enough at home to last through until next week and it was just habit that made me think I should be going in there tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a good mantra if it works for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you, I hope you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way I look at it, not shopping gives me time to take care of other things...and spend energy in more important pursuits. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.