Thursday, 14 January 2016

Day 14 - Leftovers


This year I am wasting nothing, and the crumbs of Stilton that were left when I chopped the wedge up ready to freeze the other day ....


...were tipped into the small handful of pasta that was over from the previous nights tea.


Stirred in and then popped into the two pastry cases on the left of the tray, topped with chopped tomato, a couple of tablespoons of beaten egg and topped with a sprinkle of grated cheese. they made a lovely meal for me .... Lovely Hubby was away.


But he was home to partake of the 'Leftovers pies' that I cooked alongside my little pasta filled 'Higgidy' style quiches.  I'm not even sure what was in the pies, I see Salmon, peas, onion, I know there was a bit of quinoa, definitely a little bit of beaten egg for moisture ... anyway they were delicious with a salad picked straight from the polytunnel.  Yet another meal at virtually no cost.

Another No Spend Day.

10 comments:

  1. Great little quiches which look delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your talent in the kitchen...Those look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crumbs of Stilton would have been licked off the cling film! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing what you can make out of scraps. Those little quiches look scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not keen on stilton unless it's cooked and those look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm your little pies and quiches sound yummy. Stilton is one of my favourite cheeses
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, now I truly need to up my game when it comes to food waste.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are now closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.